architect's Studio Essentials
10 Objects + Tools
Here's a peek inside a few of the personal effects and tools I use to run 30X40 each day. This is a sampling of my favorites, there are more of course, I'm interested to hear what makes your 'essentials' list.
As presented in the video, they are:
- Muji A5 dot
- Pentel's Sign Pen (black + gray)
- Bienfang 12" x 50 yd trace
- Froebel blocks
- Alvin 12"x18" self-healing cutting mat
- OLFA L-2 + 18MM blades (the L-2 has the rubber handle, which is nice...)
- C-THRU cork backed, stainless steel ruler (6"/12"/18"/24" lengths)
- Guitar Strings (D'Addario Extra Heavy - Drop C tuning is my favorite as the gauges are heavier)
- Gaffer's tape / Painter's tape
- Canon pancake lenses - 24MM + 40MM (both are f2.8 STM lenses) provide great variety. NOTE: these are not zoom lenses, these are fixed focal lengths - that's important! Future video to describe why...
Of course, these are only the analog tools, watch my video on a residential architect's software workflow for my digital toolset.